Projects: West Bromwich Connected
Investment£1,100,000 consisting of 100% Towns Fund
Start: June 2022
Delivery: March 2026
The key aim for the West Bromwich Connected project is to encourage a greater proportion of trips to be undertaken by non-car modes and achieve an uplift in the number of people using active travel modes within West Bromwich but also the wider borough and region to assist in reducing congestion, poor air quality, and other health inequalities.
The project is organised into phases and schemes have been identified from the Sandwell Cycling and Walking Infrastructure Plan (SCWIP):
- Create a pedestrian link from Sandwell College to the junction of Bull St/High St to link into the Town Centre
- Linking Parkway to Europa Avenue and West Bromwich Town Centre
- Cycle route linking Birmingham Canal to West Bromwich Town Centre via Spon Lane.
- Create a cycle route from Hill Top to Walsall Canal and Eagle Lane via Havills Hawthorn and Bagnall Street.
- 10 temporary Full Time (FT) jobs supported during project implementation
- 2km new cycle ways
- 2km resurfaced/ improved roads
April 2023: Work is complete on the West Bromwich Inner Ringway
A new pedestrian footpath has been installed along West Bromwich Inner Ringway, connecting existing footpaths on West Bromwich Inner Ringway and Bull Street/ High Street.