Projects: Haden Hill Leisure Centre
Investment£22,400,000 consisting of £20,000,000 Levelling Up Funding and £2,400,000 match funding by Sandwell Council.
Start: July 2024
Delivery: January 2026
Sandwell Council is delighted to receive confirmation that its bid to secure £20million from the Levelling Up Fund towards a redevelopment of Haden Hill Leisure Centre has been confirmed.
Now that funding has been approved, Sandwell Council will:
- Design the replacement leisure centre in detail
- Consult local residents, Elected Members and interested people on the design as part of the planning application process
- Demolish the existing facility
- Construct the new leisure centre
This project aims to replace the current centre with new swimming and leisure facilities on the site. The project will involve the demolition of the existing leisure centre at Barrs Road, Haden Hill in Cradley Heath and the construction of a new state-of-the art leisure centre. The replacement leisure centre will create a modern and attractive building in the heart of Cradley Heath. This will improve the look of the area and increase the pride that the local community has for its town.
The new leisure centre is expected to provide approximately:
- Main 6 lane pool (25 x 12.5m)
- Learner pool (13 x 10m)
- Wet and Dry changing and storage facilities
- Sports Hall (4 court)
- Gym (100 station)
- Indoor cycling studio (27 station)
- Dance studios (x2)